Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday memories

After dinner this evening, College Girl and I sitting and talking about Nana living here before she found her condo.  Ernie would stop on his way home from work on sunday mornings and buy dunkin' donuts and have toasted coconut donuts for Nana.
I then started talking about when I was young,,,way back when...on Sundays we would have a roast,,,and then Nana would make that roast last most of the week.  On Saturday nights we would have pizza from a box..and for a treat ( dessert) we would have a Hoodsie ( icecream in a cup with little wooden spoons) as my brothers and I watched Creature Double  Feature on channel 56....I believe that was on the VHF section of the TV.
 In the 70's I used to have a transistor radio that I listened to.  I would put it under my pillow at night so that it would not bother the rest of the house.  In the 80's , Boom boxes became the things to have and they were so big, that you could hardly carry them...now things are smaller than those transistor radios were! 

No comments:

Post a Comment