Sunday, March 20, 2011

My new adventure

I cant' really give you a date of when this new adventure started but I know it was in February. Some of the people I work with were talking about eating as vegans for a month, for health reasons and they challenged me to do it.  I half heartedly decided to do it.  So, I have given up all animal products in my food with the one exception of HALF AND HALF in my 2 cups of coffee a day.  I have not found anything that I really like to replace it and I have been searching high and low.

A strange thing has happened to me since I started to do this...weight has started to drop off of me.  I started this adventure at 232 and am now 214.6  I am not starving like I do when I "diet".  When I feel hungry , I eat a wonderful bowl of lettuceswith some flavored vinegar sprinkled on top.  Breakfast is usually  friut, in almond milk with rice protien in a smoothie....and I like it...

Are you wondering about gas???  WEll, to be truthful, the first week was real stinky....and now, things have settled down...and of course, since I am a lady, I have no gas ( cough cough!)

No, my family is not joining me in eating vegan but they are joining me as I celebrate this new life-style..


I hope to be sharing family stories here and recipes with you.....

So, come and join the fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for my big sister! I am so proud of you...now I am inspired to make a positive change in my own life! Hmmm...I shall think of what it is to be. Love,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete