Friday, March 25, 2011

oh, my aching tummy

My 15 year old daughter whom I call Drama Queen, DQ for short ( I will probably post pictures of my children but will not post their real names to protect them), took a 4 week cooking class that ended last night in a family meal.  The class all voted on the menu and it was decided that they would make bruscetta, salad, chicken parm, apple pizza and home-made icecream.  DQ told the teacher that I was a vegan and she was afraid I could not eat anything on the menu  except the salad.  The teacher called me to ask exactly what a vegan was.  I explained but quickly reassured her that I am doing this for health reasons and since my daughter was so excited and proud of her cooking skills I was planning on eating the meal.  I could not promise I would eat a full meal but I would at least take bites of everything.

Last night arrived.  Dinner was at 7:30.  Ernie, Nana ( my Mom), Drummer boy (my 14 year old son)  and I went to the dinner.  DQ had arrived at 5:30 to cook.  I ate a good portion of salad, 3 small pieces of the bruscetta, almost half a very small piece of chicken parm, a small piece of the apple pizza, my small serving of homemade ivannila icecream...and then I finished off Drummer Boy's melting icecream.  I have to tall you, I LOOOVVVEEEE Icecream.  DQ was so happy that we loved her food. 

Serves me right...I had such horrid stomach pains all night long!   I am so glad I go back to my vegan food today and my tummy will be happy again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment