Friday, April 1, 2011

when is a fry not just a fry?

The other morning, I was running late for work, and decided to stop at Mcdonald's for their new Oatmeal.  Before I stopped, I thought I better check and make sure it has no milk products in it.  I went to the MCd's page and scrolled down their ingredients page.  When I got to the fries, MILK leapt out at me...who would have guessed they put milk in their fries as a starter? and beef flavor...no wonder they taste so good.  and the few times I had stopped to get the kids a quick meal, I had grabbed a small fry...no more for me!!! 

I have checked Wendy's natural fries and they appear to be vegan but cooked in oil that could have cooked fish...so that is up to you
French Fries:
Potatoes, vegetable oil (canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, natural beef flavor [wheat and milk derivatives]*, citric acid [preservative]), dextrose, sodium acid
pyrophosphate (maintain color), salt. Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to
preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.
CONTAINS: WHEAT AND MILK *(Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients).

2 comments:

  1. And that oatmeal apparently has as much sugar as a Snickers bar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, there was cream in the oatmeal , so I did not get the oatmeal that morning,

    ReplyDelete